Chiropractic Adjustments For Headache Relief
Nearly everybody suffers from headaches from time to time. Headaches can be occasional, they can be frequent, they can be dull and throbbing, and some can be painful and cause nausea. What do you do when you have a headache? Most people opt for pills or just relaxing and hoping their headache will go away. But there is an option that most people never consider. That option is chiropractic care. Chiropractic employs the use of physical, orthopedic and neurological tests to discover potential causes of headaches. A lot of the common types of headaches are associated with muscle tension in the neck and that can be in part due to the fact that people today engage in more sedentary activities than they have previously. Chiropractic uses spinal adjustments to relieve headaches.
Chiropractic Spinal Adjustments Result In:
- Optimal Spinal Alignment
- Reduced Nerve Irritation
- Reduced Muscle Tension
- Improved Blood Flow and Circulation
All of these can help to reduce and relieve headache pain as well as help to prevent headaches from returning. A chiropractor may also suggest massage and other therapy techniques to relieve headache symptoms. Chiropractors can also give out lifestyle advice to help reduce the risk of headaches. This can include relaxation techniques, daily stretches, changes in posture and other exercises.
Headache Relief Tips:
- If you work in an office or don’t get a chance to move around a lot, take a break to stretch about every 30 minutes. Bring your head and neck all the way through a comfortable range of motion.
- Exercise! Low impact exercises can help relieve headache pain.
- Avoid clenching your teeth. The stress of this puts pressure on your jaw and can result in tension headaches.
- Drink water to stay hydrated. Dehydration can lead to headaches.
- Have good posture. Poor posture can result in joint irritation and tension which can lead to headaches.
- Visit a chiropractor to stay properly adjusted. Chiropractors can help keep your spine in line and reduce stress on joints which helps to prevent headaches.
Headache Chiropractor Minneapolis, MN
Millions of headache sufferers are turning to the natural, drugless, chiropractic and massage approach to health. Chiropractic treatment can be even more effective than pain killers for headache pain. Chiropractors use adjustments and as other techniques such as massage to help relieve headaches. If headaches are something that you are struggling with then chiropractic care may be right for you. To set up an appointment give us a call at 612-529-0202.